OnlineMetals.com is a distributor of small quantities of industrial metals located near
Ballard in Seattle. We were one of the first metals-related websites to offer customers
the ability to buy online, and have been in business since 1997. We are privately
funded and profitable.We pride ourselves on offering the highest levels of customer service,
and in selling and shipping metals in the most efficient manner possible. In addition, we are a
really fun place to work with an attitude that is a good mix of focused and relaxed. Take a look
at our FAQ for more information about us.
We are accepting resumes for the following positions as of
Production / Warehouse
General description of Duties -
- Pull inventory from storage before cutting.
- Use band saws and shears to cut metals to customer requirements.
- Record inventory transactions.
- Return inventory to storage.
- Wrap and package customer orders to protect them in shipment.
- Use our computer systems to ship packages via UPS, Fedex, and common carrier.
- Assist customers with finding materials they would like to purchase.
- Assist in the receiving and storage of materials.
- Assist in keeping the warehouse work areas clean and straight.
Traits that we are looking for -
This is a full-time day-shift position. The starting pay is $12.00/hour, and there is opportunity for overtime.
- Must be fast and efficient.
- Able to lift at least 75 pounds by yourself.
- Must be familiar with computers and able to enter basic data.
- Familiarity with high-volume production environments is desired.
- Forklift experience is not required for this position.
- Metals experience is helpful but not required - we will train.
- Must be able to read and write English.
To apply for any of the above positions, please either e-mail us with your resume and a cover letter to
email@example.com or fax your resume to 206-285-7836. Please, no phone calls.