OnlineMetals orders are shipped via UPS.
- Next Day Air- Early AM, Regular, and Next Day Air Saver
- 2nd Day Air
- 3 Day Select
- Freight (For orders over 36" x 48", 96"+ long, or more than 150lbs.)
UPS ground is our most popular method. Use this map to figure out how long it'll take to get your package. Our General Rule: Orders placed before noon go out that day. Call if you need it to go out sooner! (800) 704-2157(800) 704-2157.
We offer shipping to many international destinations. We can ship using the customers carrier account or we offer the option to pre-pay and add to the invoice using UPS international shipping services.
We ship Canadian orders from both Seattle, WA and Northwood, OH for quick turnaround to all parts of Canada.
* Our system automatically decides which facility offers faster shipping to your location.
* There are very few cases where we're out of stock, and ship from another location.
Material Weight + Product Dimensions + Destination Zip Code = Your total shipping costs!
Our system calculates your shipping charges automatically, as you go through the order process. Add items to your shopping cart to see the estimated rate. Tell us where we're shipping it to, in Step 2 of the checkout, to see the full list of rates for each shipping method. From there, you can make your choice, and check out!
Sheet material and bar stock rarely fit into the same box. If you ordered both, chances are that you'll get two packages. We send them out on the same day, but they don't always arrive on the same day. If you're missing items, don't panic - they could be in that other package. Here are some examples of our packaging:
Reasons why we use UPS
- Tracking - UPS has by far the most comprehensive tracking system we've found. We're able to send you an email at the time of shipment with the tracking number, so you can see the progress of your order across the country.
- Systems - With the UPS tools, not only can we accurately estimate delivery time, but we can also determine in advance if there is a problem and let you know so you can plan effectively (see our philosophy on "telling bad news fast.") Also, we are able to determine the day that your material will arrive, and we send you an e-mail giving you a heads-up in case you need to make special arrangements for delivery.
- Efficiency - When processing orders, shipping via UPS is very efficient because of the tremendous degree of integration that they offer us. Greater efficiency = lower costs for you.
- Price and Value - We've priced out other shipping services, and found that from top to bottom UPS is the best value of all the shipping services.
- Insurance - Yeah. If they lose it, or break it, or it gets sucked up into a funnel cloud somewhere in the Midwest, UPS foots the bill! Your material will be reshipped, no charge.
Using Another Carrier
Do you want to ship material on your own UPS or FedEx account? No problem!
Simply add your account information (Carrier name and account number) to the "Special Processing/Handling Instructions" box in Step 3 of the check out. We'll do the rest.
(Please note: We do have a nominal $5.00 charge for shipping on your own account, due to our increased processing costs.)
Picking it up yourself.
We are able to offer Will Call Service to our customers in certain areas. For more information and directions, click HERE.
Our mailing address is 1138 W Ewing St. Seattle, WA 98119
If you have any questions, or if your order requires faster shipment than what we've described above, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 800-704-2157800-704-2157.