- Careers and Job Openings at Online Metals
Careers at OnlineMetals.com
As an established e-commerce company that thinks like a start-up, Online Metals offers many different career paths, with each opportunity having a big impact on the overall success! We rely on capable warehouse teams, adaptable customer service representatives and entrepreneurial business leaders to keep packages shipping out the doors to happy customers each and every day.
Whether you are looking for a position in supply chain management, warehouse and fulfillment or digital marketing, we'd love to hear from you today! Check out the opportunities on this page to see if there's a great fitting opportunity for your skills open now.
We’re also active on LinkedIn and you can follow us there for more information!
Online Metals, a division of the global thyssenkrupp brand, is a fast-growing Seattle-based e-commerce retailer with 6 locations across the U.S. We are passionate about our customers and grow the international business by using technology and information to continuously optimize and improve the customer experience. We welcome your new ideas with a platform to bring them to life in a collaborative, action-oriented and growing team. Our organization employs industry best practices to lead the market while offering an opportunity to make a difference with your entrepreneurial contribution in an atmosphere that is challenging and rewarding.
We Have You Covered
We value people as our greatest resource and offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, dental, employer-matched 401(k) plan, and paid time off. Our unique office culture supports our professional approach to business with a strong commitment to work-life balance and having fun where you work.
How to Apply
To apply for any of the above positions, please either e-mail us with your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] or fax your resume to 206-285-7836. Please, no phone calls.
Customer Service / Inside Sales Representative
This is a key position within our organization and contributes significantly to our growth and reputation as best in the industry for customer service and sales.
Activities will include:
- Assisting customer in using our website to place orders or find pricing information
- Answering questions regarding order status, delivery or questions about materials we offer
- Answering phone and fax inquiries for quotes
- Entering orders using our internal entry system
- Successful transfer of larger-volume orders and inquiries to appropriate sales hubs within our parent organization
- Resolving customer requests, questions and complaints - frequently requiring analysis of situations to determine the best use of resources
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-5 years customer service or inside sales experience
- A history of high quality customer service interactions
- Sales driven and highly motivated
- Detail oriented and work with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Experience in an environment with high volume call activity
- Familiarity of iChat live with customers
- Ability to tactfully handle stressful and difficult situations
- A history of self-directed work output, with emphasis on being able to manage multiple simultaneous activities
- A desire to join an organization where efforts result in immediate and tangible results for themselves and the organization
- Experience with MS Office applications
- Experience with metals or distribution industries is a plus
- Familiarity with lean practices/6S/ISO standards will be very helpful
This is a key position within our organization and contributes significantly to our growth and reputation as best in the industry for quality and speed in processing and delivery
Activities will include:
- Pull inventory from storage before cutting.
- Use band saws and shears to cut metals to customer requirements.
- Record inventory transactions.
- Return inventory to storage.
- Wrap and package customer orders to protect them in shipment.
- Assist in the receiving and storage of materials.
- Assist in keeping the warehouse work areas clean and straight.
- Basic ability to read and understand fractions and decimals.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Characteristics:
- Must be fast and efficient.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds by yourself.
- Must be familiar with computers and able to enter basic data.
- Familiarity with high-volume production environments is desired.
- Forklift experience is not required for this position.
- Metals experience is helpful but not required - we will train.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.