Price Matching and Returns
If a competitor’s published online price offers an identical, in-stock item for less, tell us and we'll match it.
Price Match Guarantee
Simply submit your price match request tand include a link to the competitor’s offer.
We know that price matters to you. Getting the best value raw material metal and plastics can make all the difference to your business or viability of a project. To make it easier to know you’re always getting the best deal and best experience with Online Metals we now offer a Price Match Guarantee. We are committed to providing the best value on small and medium size orders of raw material metals and plastics.
Price Match Guidelines:
- Items must be identical in description and quantity.
- Shipping costs and cut-fees are not included.
- Price Match requests cannot be accepted over the phone - please submit using the link below.
- Scrap dealers, used materials, private individuals or auctions (including Ebay) are exempt from this policy.
- Special promotions, close-out sales and offers requiring a special action to get pricing (i.e. Buy 1 Get 1 Free) are exempt from this policy.
- Websites requiring a login to access pricing are exempt from this policy.
- Price Match is for new orders only. We cannot credit back discounts for orders that have already been placed. Price Match must be requested before placing your order to be valid.
- OnlineMetals.com reserves the right to refuse a Price Match.
Customer service is our top priority. We understand that mistakes are made, and orders sometimes need to be cancelled or postponed. When that's the case, please email us immediately at [email protected] or call us at 800.704.2157.
An order can only be cancelled if we haven't cut it yet. This generally happens no more than 4-6 hours after an order is placed. Due to the time-sensitive nature of our production processes, we do require that requests for cancellation or postponement be handled over the phone so that we can guarantee that your request is honored.
Once an item is cut, it can't be cancelled, and the Returns Policy will then apply. There are limited exceptions to this, depending upon the length or size of the product.
Special order materials not found on our website that have been specially quoted and procured for the sole purpose of the customer’s special order cannot be cancelled.
**Please be sure to verify all material/test reports are accurate upon arrival of your order
Please contact us within 30 days of receipt of the order to request a Return Material Authorization (RMA) if you wish to return the material. RMAs are required for all returns. Our customer service team must be contacted within 30 days of receiving material at [email protected] or 800.704.2157.
- Standard Size Materials
To make your shopping experience easy, we have pre-determined “standard” sizes that you can quickly order. However, all of our materials are actually cut from full sized mill lengths. If the item you wish to return has been cut to a “standard” size, a restocking fee of 30% may apply to certain materials. Our customer service team will review your order for potential cost to re-inventory the cut material. If a new order is placed, we can waive the restocking fee.
- Cut-to-Size Materials
Once an item is custom cut, it can't be returned. There are limited exceptions to this, depending upon the length or size of the product. Call our customer service team to review your order for potential exceptions. If a return is authorized, a 30% restocking fee will be applied.
- Non-Stock Materials
Special order non-stock items cannot be returned. There may be exceptions when the third-party supplier agrees to the cancellation. These orders are not returnable without written consent from Online Metals. In the event we provide this written consent you will be subject to a re-stocking fee that the business deems necessary for the particular transaction plus any additional shipping charges.
We will ALWAYS try to avoid giving you this fee and will work with in all ways possible, but there are times when it is unavoidable. We appreciate your understanding in advance.
- Incorrect or Damaged Materials
Returns policy doesn't apply to any orders that were delivered in a damaged or incorrect condition. If there was an error in product, quality or quantity please contact our customer service team at [email protected] or 800.704.2157 for refund or replacement.
- Step 1: Email [email protected] or call 1.800.704.2157
- Step 2: Provide your order number and reason for return. We will provide you with a Return Material Authorization (RMA) form to include in the package when you ship it back to us. The RMA will include the return address. Please write the RMA number on the outside of the package
- Step 3: Ship the item back via UPS, FedEx, USPS or other carrier to the return address listed on the RMA.
- Step 4: Provide us with the tracking number once the item has shipped. You may call or email [email protected] customer service with this information. As soon as we receive the material back, the warehouse will restock it and a refund will be issued.
After receiving the RMA and shipping the product back, please contact us with the return tracking number to ensure your refund is processed as quickly as possible. Once your Return Material Authorization (RMA) is received back to us and processed by the warehouse, your refund will be completed. You will be refunded back to your original form of payment. Refunds are processed on the next business day following our re-stocking of your returned materials. Total processing days will vary based on days for shipping and re-stocking.