Last Updated: March 2021
Personal Information We Collect
We collect information about you that relates to you as a specific person (“Personal Information”). We also collect information that cannot be tied back to a specific individual (“Other Information”).
We, and our service providers, may collect the following Personal Information directly from you:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses);
- Telephone number;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- Email address; and
- Credit and debit card number.
We, and our service providers, may also collect the following Personal Information via your interaction with the Site. This “Navigational Information” can relate to you and as such will be considered Personal Information. However, where Navigational Information cannot relate to you, it is considered Other Information. The types of Navigational Information we collect includes:
- data about your devices and their location,
- your use of our Services,
- your IP address;
- websites you have navigated from to visit the Site;
- websites you are navigating to after visiting the Site; and
- geo-location data.
How We Collect Personal Information?
- Financial institutions (e.g. your credit card company or your bank);
- Previous employers (if you are applying for a job with us);
- Background screening companies (if you are applying for a job with us);
- Our services providers;
- Marketing partners; or
- Marketing and advertising agencies and networks.
“Other Information” is any information that does not generally identify you as a specific individual. However, Other Information can become Personal Information if the Other Information is stored or used in conjunction with any information which allows us to relate the Other Information to you. Consequently, Navigational Information, such as:
- Browser information;
- Server log files;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
- Physical location of your device; and
- Demographic information and other non-personally identifiable information provided by you.
Navigational Information is sometimes actually capable of being connected to you as a specific individual. If that is the case, then the information is not “Other Information” but is “Personal Information,” and will have the same kinds of protections as Personal Information.
How We Collect Navigational Information
We and our third-party service providers may collect Navigational Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected through most devices, such as your Media Access Control (“MAC”) address, device manufacturer and model, device identifier, screen resolution, and the type and version of your operating system and browser.
- Through server log files: When you visit our website, our web servers in Germany save as standard the IP address of your internet service provider via which you access our website, the site from which you access our website and the files you access from us, as well as the date of your visit and general information about your browser. These data are processed to ensure the security of the web server and to adapt the output of the information retrieved to your output medium (e.g. your phone. laptop or other device).
- Facebook Pixel: We use Facebook Pixel by the Facebook social network, operated by Facebook Inc. Facebook Pixel is a code snippet placed on our website. Facebook Pixel allows Facebook to identify the visitors of our online content as a target group for displaying advertisement (known as “Facebook ads”). Accordingly, we use Facebook Pixel to display our posted Facebook ads only to Facebook users who have shown an interest in our services or who share certain factors (such as interests in certain topics or products determined on the basis of visited web pages), which we transmit to Facebook (which is known as Custom Audiences). Facebook Pixel also helps us understand the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes, by showing whether users have been redirected to our services after clicking on a Facebook ad (known as conversion, and allowing to determine on which devices a user is performing an action), in order to create so-called lookalike audiences or statistical twins (i.e. to broadcast ads to target groups that are similar to existing customers) and to obtain comprehensive statistics about the use of the website. Facebook Pixel establishes a direct connection to the Facebook servers when you visit our website. This way, the Facebook server is notified that you have visited our website and Facebook assigns this information to your personal Facebook user account. For further information about the collection and use of data by Facebook and your privacy protection rights and options, please see the Facebook data protection policy at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/update. For specific information and details about Facebook Pixel and how it works, please visit the Facebook help section at https://www.facebook.com/business/help/651294705016616. You can disable this function as shown at https://de-de.facebook.com/business/help/1415256572060999?helpref=uf_permalink or at https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads. You must be logged into Facebook to do this. If you want to declare the opt-out of Facebook pixels, please click on: Facebook Opt Out
- Flash Local Stored Objects: We and our service providers may use a third-party technology, called Flash, in connection with the Online Metals website, including our online content. Flash provides a facility, referred to as Local Stored Objects (“LSO”), that allows a website operator or online content provider (or their service providers) to store certain information locally on an individual’s device; for example, Flash LSOs can be used to store information regarding an individual’s device. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your device, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as “information” on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your device without you being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the Online Metals website. We expect our service providers and technology suppliers to honor any decision by you to restrict or limit Flash LSOs, but we cannot guarantee that they will do so.
- Physical location: We and our service providers may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content, including for marketing purposes, based on the choices that have been made with respect to such uses. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our third-party marketing partners, such as our Promotional Partners, to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns, based on the choices that have been made with respect to such disclosures. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we, our service providers, and/or our third-party marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
How We Use Personal Information
Depending on the purpose, we may use various categories of information on order to achieve the effects that you and we expect. As such, it is difficult to specifically call out which category of data will be used for which purpose as the context and circumstances may mandate we use Personal Information for multiple purposes. As such, we find it more useful to describe the purposes we and our service providers may use any Personal Information we have collected about you. To that end, we may use Personal Information about you:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, including to contact you if necessary;
- To process and fulfill your order, for example by confirming your order and your billing and shipping information, processing your payments, delivering your products and communicating with you regarding your order;
- To send to you important information regarding the Online Metals website, changes to our terms, conditions and policies and other administrative information;
- To send to you information by email, postal mail, telephone and other means about our products, services, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions;
- To help us improve the customer experience, including by learning more about your preferences to help personalize your experience with us;
- To analyze trends and statistics in connection with our businesses and Internet properties, including to measure the success of marketing campaigns and to compile statistics about usage and response rates;
- To protect the security or integrity of our businesses and Internet properties;
- As part of a business transaction where most or all of our assets are acquired by a third party; or
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of you, our Affiliates or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or to limit the damages that we may sustain.
How Personal Information Is Disclosed
Similarly to how we use Personal Information, we may disclose Personal Information to service providers, and sometimes third parties, for various purposes. To this end, we may disclose Your Personal Information to the following entities for the purposes associated with each entity as noted below:
- To our third-party service providers, who provide services such as website hosting, data storage, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, IT services and infrastructure, customer service, email delivery and administration, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services to enable them to provide services;
- To our subsidiaries and affiliated entities (collectively, our “Affiliates”) for marketing and other purposes;
- To third-party sponsors of contests, sweepstakes and similar promotions;
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Online Metals Websites;
- By you, on chat, profile pages, and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (please note that any information and materials that you post or disclose through such services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Online Metals website and to the general public; we urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on or through the Online Metals website;
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding); and
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of you, our Affiliates or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How We Use And Disclose Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your zip code with your name). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information while it is so combined.
THIRD PARTIES AND THIRD-PARTY SITES
Third Party Advertisers
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Online Metals website. Please note that these companies may use information about your visit to the Online Metals website to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to the Online Metals website, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit http://networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
The major browsers have attempted to implement the draft “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) standard of the World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”) in their latest releases. As this standard has not been finalized, this website is not compatible with DNT.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data storage system or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please also be aware that we may use third-party cloud service providers that provide hosting, data storage and other services pursuant to standard terms and conditions that may be non-negotiable; these service providers have informed us or the general public that they apply security measures they consider adequate for the protection of information within their system, or they have a general reputation for applying such measures.
Please exercise caution in submitting Personal Information via the Online Metals website, especially if you are accessing the Online Metals website using a WiFi hotspot or public network. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account that you might have with us has been compromised, or if you are unable to utilize our SSL technology in connection with the Online Metals website, please immediately notify us of the problem and place any orders with us over the telephone or in person, instead of using the Online Metals website. You may contact us in such circumstances in accordance with the “Contact” section below.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS IN CALIFORNIA
This California Privacy Notice (“California Notice”) applies to California residents whose Personal Information is processed by Online Metals pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) or other California privacy laws described below. The California Notice describes how we protect the Personal Information we process and control relating to California residents and rights California residents may have in relation to this Personal Information. For purposes of this California Notice, “Personal Information” has the meaning provided by the CCPA and does not include information that is deidentified or aggregated such that it is not capable of being associated with you, or that is excluded from the CCPA’s scope.
Your California Rights and Choices: As a California resident, you may be able to request to exercise the following rights:
- The Right to Know any or all of the following information relating to your Personal Information we have collected and disclosed in the last 12 months, upon verification of your identity:
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources of the Personal Information;
- The categories of Personal Information that we have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose, and the categories of recipients to whom this information was disclosed;
- The categories of Personal Information we have sold and the categories of third parties to whom the information was sold; and
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling the Personal Information.
- The Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information we have collected from you. However, this right is limited by a number of exceptions. Fundamentally, if Online Metals has a permissible need to retain Personal Information, we are not under an obligation to delete such information, even when requested. Generally, we retain Personal Information so we may complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between us and you; detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity; debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our website(s); enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with Online Metals; comply with a legal obligation; or otherwise use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information. As such, we generally do not accept requests to delete Personal Information.
- The Right to Opt Out of Personal Information Sales to third parties now or in the future.
We collect, process, and share your information for purposes described in this policy, which include “business purposes” under the CCPA and we do allow certain third-party advertising partners to collect information about the users of our Service for the purposes of serving ads that are more relevant, for ad campaign measurement and analytics, and for fraud detection and reporting. This activity can be considered a “sale” under California law.
You have the right to opt out of the “sale” of your Personal Information. Such requests may be submitted by following the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link at the bottom of the page. You may also exercise your rights using the mechanisms described in the Third Party Advertisers section of this Policy above. Finally, the Other Information section above also includes ways to opt-out of certain data handling practices by the technology providers we use, like HubSpot and Google.
For ease of access, these opt-out links are here:
You also have the right to be free of discrimination for exercising these rights. However, please note that if the exercise of these rights limits our ability to process Personal Information, for example, if you submit a deletion request, we may no longer be able to provide you our products and services or engage with you in the same manner.
To submit your California Consumer Rights Requests: You may submit a request to exercise your California Consumer Rights through one of the mechanisms described below. We will need to verify your identity before processing your request, which may require us to request additional Personal Information from you or require you to log into your account, if you have one. In certain circumstances, we may decline or limit your request, particularly where we are unable to verify your identity or locate your information in our systems, or as permitted by law.
To exercise your California Consumer Rights to Know, Delete, or Opt-Out of Sale, or for additional information, please submit a request to https://www.onlinemetals.com/california-privacy or 1-888-527-3331. You may also exercise your right to Opt-Out of Sale using the mechanisms described in the Interest Based Advertising section of this Policy above.
Finally, you may also submit a verifiable consumer request through an authorized agent. To do so please be prepared for your agent to provide a signed permission to do so, to verify their own identity with us, and to directly confirm with us that you provided the agent permission to submit the request.
California’s “Shine the Light” Law: California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section §1798.83) provides certain rights to California residents that have an established business relationship with us with regard to the disclosure of certain types of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To opt-out of having your Personal Information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please submit a request using one of the California consumer rights request methods designated above.
USE OF WEBSITE BY MINORS
The Online Metals website are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information to us.
AMENDMENTS TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT